2016 Goals & Objectives
1. Provide $99,123 of the Killingworth Library’s FY2017-18 operating budget of $352,298 through year-round, event-driven fundraising, grants, and other income-producing/cost-saving activities.
2. Expand fundraising initiatives and opportunities for individuals, businesses, and organizations to support the Killingworth Library.
3. Expand library programming to increase cultural and educational opportunities for children, young adults, and adults; boost visibility and participation through traditional/social media, promotional material, website and e-communication.
4. Conduct annual technology review, track Internet usage, and ensure Killingworth Library’s multimedia capabilities are current within one-two years of the latest technology.
5. Increase non-board member involvement on KLA committees to develop board membership pipeline, spread the workload, and expand involvement in the Killingworth Library.
6. Increase the number of library cards held by community members and online library account membership.
7. Utilize new website with subscriber email capability to support direct communications with patrons on programs, fundraising activities and library news updates.
8. Develop a formalized planned giving program that makes it easy for individuals to give charitable annuities, bequests and other planned gifts to support the Killingworth Library.
9. Maintain the library building and grounds to provide an attractive, welcoming place for all.